This 11-acre property set in the north of the island, was re-designed between the late '60s and early '70s by celebrated English theatrical designer Oliver Messel for Charles Graves (brother of the poet Robert Graves). This designer's signature style was in making indoor and outdoor spaces seamlessly flow together - creating a comfortable and elegant family home of exceptional beauty.
The extensive property is perched on a coral ridge with unforgettable views of the Caribbean coastline, with a park of mahogany trees amidst mature, lush gardens - initially designed by Todd Langstaffe-Gowan, landscape designer for the Royal Palace of Hampton Court; and more recently updated by the owners, avid horticulturalist themselves. The impeccably kept grounds with a koi-filled lotus lake, provide a peaceful oasis to stroll or relax.
The stunning home offers seven luxury suites spread across four separate wings with over 13,000 ft² of living space. The Great House features the master bedroom suite overlooking the Caribbean views and a guest bedroom, library and salon on the upper floor. The main floor offers indoor and courtyard dining areas, and kitchen. The adjoining Messel Wing has two additional suites with a large sun terrace.
Connected via pretty pathways the Plantation Wing and the Pavilion are close by but more private. The Plantation Wing contains two large suites featuring private outdoor showers, an open atrium and central sitting court with an exercise/games room. The Pavilion is set in a tropical ravine and offers a further bedroom suite with an outdoor shower, kitchenette and media/reception room. The large reception room boasts a high-tech home cinema. This area is surrounded by wrap-around purple heart wood terracing - with a mahogany tree growing through the west deck.
The natural lagoon-shaped pool which is set in the natural rock cliffside just steps from the Great House, is fed by ionised water - similar to swimming in a natural spring. At night the pool evokes magic with its lights set below. The expansive sun deck adjacent to the pool, is built over the ravine within the trees -like a giant tree house.
Picture yourself with the scenic view as your backdrop, tanning or having an aperitif before a sumptuous dinner prepared by chef on staff - Andy Taylor, formally of Lonestar Restaurant and Maddox fame. Fustic House Private Estate, the ideal getaway for large families or groups, offers the finest in Caribbean island living.
- Ceiling fans - throughout
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Digital TV/Cable
- DVD player
- CD player
- Home Theatre
- Outdoor Shower
- Tennis Court (nearby)
- Golf Course (nearby)
- Watersports (nearby)
- Gym - (in house)
- High Speed Wireless ADSL (Broadband)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Fax Machine
- Guard (24 hrs)
- L'Occitane Luxury Amenities provided on arrival
- Fustic branded robes are provided in each Bedroom
- Lagoon-style - Oliver Messel designed, pool built into the coral ridge - 48' x 17'; 3' at shallow end and 6' at deep end
At a Glance
- Five Star cuisine prepared by renowned, world class chef Kenroy Hunte
- 7 Air-conditioned luxury suites with custom-made Indian bed linen
- State of the art Home Theater with 60 inch high definition Plasma TV and electrostatic speakers
- Sandy and quiet beach at Half Moon Fort Fishing Village (5 minute walk from the Tropical Ravine)
- High speed, wireless ADSL internet, VOIP telephony - unlimited calls to North America and Europe (flat fee).
- Cable TV
- Bose sound systems in all suites
- Children are welcome - there is a games room in the Plantation Wing and a large trampoline in the grounds
- Water sports, fishing, tennis, golf, sailing, hiking, cycling, swimming with turtles, diving, day trips to the Grenadines/Mustique, the rain forests of Dominica and the Pitons of St Lucia can all be arranged by the property manager.
- Access to the villa's Zippa Speedboats
- Volleyball Court
- A game of boules in the main house gardens is also available at the guests leisure.
Separate beach house located in Half Moon Fort just a 5 minute walk from the villa.
L'Occitane Luxury Amenities provided on arrival.
Fustic branded robes are provided in each bedroom.
Complete privacy in 11 acres of landscaped tropical gardens, including Oliver Messel's famous lagoon swimming pool, large sun deck over the tropical ravine, lotus lake, Arawak cave system, Mahogany park.
Five Star cuisine prepared by professional Chef.
7 Air-conditioned luxury suites with custom-made Indian bed linen.
State of the art Home Theater System, with 60 inch high definition Plasma TV and electrostatic speakers.
High speed, wireless ADSL internet, VOIP telephony - unlimited calls to North America and Europe (flat fee).
Bose sound systems in all suites.
Children are welcome - there is a games room in the Plantation Wing and a large trampoline in the grounds.
Water sports, fishing, tennis, golf, sailing, hiking, cycling, swimming with turtles, diving and 4 wheel drive island tours, day trips to the Grenadines/Mustique, the rain forests of Dominica and the Pitons of St Lucia can all be arranged by the Property Manager
Small on-property gym with free weights, yoga and pilates equipment, children’s play area, table tennis, volleyball/badminton, trampoline, croquet, seesaw and swing
Messell Wing suites both have Twin beds all other bedrooms have King size beds.
- Great House:
- Master Bedroom: Room: 16'3" x 14'6"
- Wisteria Suite: Room: 9'8" x 11'6"
- Messel Wing
- Sunset Suite: 13'7" x 13'7" - Twin beds that can be converted to a king
- Seaview Suite: Room: 15'5" x 14'9"
- Twin beds that can be converted to a king
- Plantation Wing:
- Mahogany Suite & Wicker Suite: Room: 18'3" x 18'3"
- King bed: Room: 16' x 13' 8"
- 5 bathrooms are en suite, two are adjacent
- Master Bath - Tub & Shower
- Night Watchman
Property manager supervises staff of 13:
Renowned executive chef Kenroy Hunte offers tailored five star cuisine - Butler - Estate manager - House manager & 3 housekeepers, including laundress 3 gardeners - Chef's assistant - 3 security guards, offering 24/7 security