Tamarind House is located just off the Anse Chastanet Road; approximately 1.5 miles from Soufriere and 5 minutes from Anse Chastanet beach. Covering 8850 ft² of space, this exceptionally large house is constructed of local stone with high greenheart ceilings and Barbados tile floors throughout. The main house has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, while the separate Cottage is a master bedroom suite with its own living room, kitchen ( with coffee press, kettle, toaster and stove) , dressing area, marble bathroom, king size four poster bed and terrace.
Tamarind House has been featured in Maco magazine and the book "Caribbean Elegance" by Michael Connors because of the large collection of antique West Indian furniture it contains.
A staircase descending from the car park, leads you into a cool, circular courtyard filled with banana plants and flowers. As you pass through the graceful arched doorway, the enormous 2550 ft² living room stretches away before you and leads to the terrace where the tamarind tree grows up out of the tiles. This fabulous tree provides shade and coolness to the house all through the day.
The living room features two, seven foot settees and a very large travertine stone coffee table. The dining table seats 6-8 and the wild breadfruit trestle table can be used for large parties.
The 35' x 15', totally private pool is situated below the Cottage and has 1060 ft² of terrace and shade pavilion around it. The pool edge is open on one side to give uninterrupted views of the Pitons.
The house also has a professional size tennis court with a Bioflex surface and of course superb views of the Pitons as you play.
The fourth bedroom is small and suited only for kids or a single. It is included in the 3 bedroom rate
- CD player
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player
- Hair Dryer
- High Speed (ADSL)Internet - Wireless
- Near Beach
- Tennis Court
- Massages can be arranged at house
- Personal trainer can be arranged.
- Tennis racquets and tennis balls provided and tennis coach can be arranged.
- Stainless steel five burner BBQ gas grill.
- Yoga mats available.
- Diving - nearby PADI facility and snorkeling at Anse Chastanet beach.
- Beach access - 5 minutes by car
- No TV reception
- Shopping service can be arranged for a small fee.
- 2 or 3 children, depending on age, can be accommodated in bedroom 3 in main house and are
included in the quoted rates.
- Tamarind House can be rented along with La Bagatelle, next door, to accommodate large parties.
No smoking in bedrooms.
- 2 main bedrooms + cottage suite - all with sea views.
- The 3rd bedroom (ideal for kids) does not have a sea view.
- 4 Bathrooms
- The Master Bedroom is 640 ft² of bedroom and private terrace with a beautiful antique king size four poster bed, side tables, a hand carved standing cheval mirror and small armoire. There is a walk in closet with a safe, and an Italian tiled bathroom with tub/shower and two sinks. The Piton view from the bed is framed by bougainvillea climbing up the stone walls.
- The Second Bedroom has 415 ft² of bedroom and private terrace with a queen four poster bed, carved standing mirror, two side tables with Chinese blue and white lamps and a marble topped antique table beside the walk in closet. The ensuite marble bathroom with shower has high quality fixtures and a chrome mirror.
- The Third Bedroom is for children and has a double and a single four poster bed. It also has its own private terrace and Italian tiled bathroom with shower.
- The Cottage Master Bedroom suite has three graceful stone arch openings and 30 foot high ceilings. Long white curtains at each door way billow out in the breeze. Two large 7 foot couches with blue and white cushions, a large coffee table and antique tables beside the king size red cedar four poster bed make this a wonderfully private romantic space. A collection of paintings by St. Kitts artist Kate Spencer are on display here. A dressing area with chest of drawers, hanging cupboard and shelves leads into the marble tiled bathroom with shower. Exceptionally high quality 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, French linen bed covers and plush towels will pamper you. The Cottage has its own kitchen and terrace with dining table and chairs.
Cook and cleaners Monday to Saturday 8am to 3pm and evening cook service available at an additional fee.
Staff are not optional and must come to work at least every other day.
Resident concierge who lives in separate lodge on property with a dog.
Pool & Beach:
- Swimming Pool - 35' x 15'
- Open and shaded pool terrace
- Beach - 5 min drive